Assist us to develop the most recent instruments to advertise transparency in VCM — learn on to learn the way!
Once we first started to discover knowledge on the voluntary carbon market, we rapidly realized that there was a necessity for aggregation, synthesis, and standardization throughout initiatives and registries.
Beginning with the most important registries first, we’ve introduced collectively knowledge on practically 19,000 initiatives and over 250,000 retirement transactions, in addition to information, high quality scores, pricing, and brokers.
We additionally rapidly noticed that lots of the value-additive knowledge was hidden away in challenge design paperwork (PDDs). From self-reported knowledge on danger assessments, which determines initiatives’ buffer pool, to knowledge on CO2 issuances over the initiatives’ lifecycles, lots of worthwhile knowledge is saved within the paperwork related to every challenge.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve turned the unstructured knowledge hidden in PDDs into searchable and actionable data that may assist customers higher perceive the voluntary carbon market.
The 1st step within the course of has been to digitize all the PDDs for Verra initiatives, to be able to make them searchable. This implies with the ability to search throughout all PDDs to seek out key phrases, phrases, and knowledge factors which are vital to your use case.
There are myriad use circumstances for this performance, together with:
- Figuring out particular tree varieties or animal species which are on the challenge’s land space
- Discovering firms or people concerned with particular initiatives
- Getting contact data for people concerned with a challenge
- Figuring out co-benefits or SDGs which may be promoted by a challenge
- Finding which firms or people are primarily based in a sure metropolis
- Understanding which applied sciences (e.g., wind generators, or monitoring gear) are utilized by initiatives
- Highlighting initiatives with methodology-specific jargon (e.g., biomass enlargement issue)
In different phrases, it permits customers to filter initiatives in a totally novel approach and helps them discover the needle within the haystack they’re searching for.
As a subsequent step, we’re going by means of extra structured knowledge like tables, to be able to pull out a wealth of knowledge that may be extremely helpful to researchers, challenge builders, and consumers of credit. This embrace data like:
- Annual carbon credit score issuance numbers over the course of the challenge lifecycle
- The make-up of a challenge’s soil composition
- Threat reporting data that determines its buffer pool
- Stakeholder session suggestions
- And way more!
As a way to assist us create one of the best product round this, we’re searching for customers to check out each the textual content search and desk knowledge extraction. We’ve already reached out to a few of our purchasers, who’ve supplied invaluable suggestions, and it’d be nice to have the broader market’s view on probably the most helpful options and performance.
In case you’re desirous about having access to the instrument, please message hi firstname.lastname@example.org!