Saturday, June 10, 2023
HomeCrypto MiningSafeMoon hacker agrees to return 80% of stolen funds

SafeMoon hacker agrees to return 80% of stolen funds

The SafeMoon hacker agrees to return 80% of the stolen funds taken in final month’s liquidity hack, per @SafeMoonSpidey.

SafeMoon drained for $9 million

On March 28, a wise contract vulnerability was exploited, resulting in a liquidity drain that netted the attacker $9 million in tokens.

Within the weeks that adopted, the SafeMoon neighborhood voiced their dissatisfaction with the dearth of significant updates on the matter.

For instance, a latest publish saying “New #SAFEMOON app builds submitted!” was panned for being formidable and labeled a distraction to gloss over the hack. Likewise, SafeMoon CEO John Karony’s requires persistence have been slammed as repetitive and avoidant.

Hacker to return 80% of funds

In response to @SafeMoonSpidey, each events struck a deal during which the hacker would return 80% of the funds – leaving him to maintain 20% with no prices filed in opposition to him. An on-chain message learn:

“After cautious consideration of the circumstances, it’s believed that is the most effective in the most effective curiosity of SafeMoon and the neighborhood.”

@SafeMoonSpidey mentioned it’s “fairly doable” that the group was holding out for this decision earlier than “updating the app.”

Some replies raised the difficulty that the hacker was rewarded for legal conduct. @SafeMoonSpidey most popular to name the 20% reward a white hat bounty reward. Furthermore, he added {that a} return of 80% is healthier than nothing.

The publish SafeMoon hacker agrees to return 80% of stolen funds appeared first on CryptoSlate.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments